Paintings so far...

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Girle - Work in Progress!


This is very much work in progress, but I had to show you what I had done so far. I don't want to miss a week, even if it means showing you things that are not finished - it can seem a bit of a mess at times, but this will take shape over the next few days. I first put in the major shapes and base colours and then I go back and work on the details.
This is my dog Girlie, who was a SAD dog who I felt was very special, but it took us months to pluck up the courage to take on a dog in Abu Dhabi. I felt it wasn't the right place to have a dog, but I am glad I have her. She has improved the quality of my life here, even if she can be challenging and frustrating at times.
When finished this will be up for sale at 150dhs (30 Euros) unframed. It is pastel on watercolour paper (roughly A4 size). All proceeds from the sale of this painting will go to support the Strays of Abu Dhabi www.straysofabudhabi.com


No comments:

Post a Comment