Paintings so far...

Thursday, December 3, 2009

SAD Daisy


Daisy is the subject of this week's one-a-week. Due to the fact that I have been going through so much paint, and I was a bit behind due to puppy duties - I was forced back into pastels. I like pastels because I draw better than I paint, but I love to work in colour, so for me, the two things come together.


This is also a bit different for me as it is pastel on canvas board. Normally I work on canson paper. I love canson, but didn't have anything the right colour. I only had orange, which didn't fancy working with for this dog. So I painted one of my canvas boards a blue colour and started work on top in pastel. It isn't as easy to work with as canson and uses up the pastels much more quickly however, there is quite a nice effect. Daisy is a SAD dog at the moment


It is not finished yet, but I wanted to post now just in case I don't get time over the weekend.


So here is Daisy Pastel on Canvas board 8" x 10" and when finished will be for sale at 660 dhs (120 Euros) with all money going to the Strays of Abu Dhabi (SAD) http://www.straysofabudhabi.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment