Paintings so far...

Friday, November 6, 2009

Dog on Dog Beach - Abu Dhabi


This week I felt like doing a whole dog rather than just a head and shoulder portrait. This is acrylic on canvasboard 8" x 10". It is a little small for me as I don't like working with really small brushes, but it is coming along. It isn't finished yet, I have just tried to put in the major shapes and shading on the dog. I still have to put in a bit more detail and 'connect' the dog better to the ground.
This is typical of dogs on "Dog Beach" in Abu Dhabi. There is basically one beach used by ex-pats to exercise their dogs off leash. This particular dog belongs to a very nice Irish lady, who owns one of the first dogs to be re-homed by SAD (Strays of Abu Dhabi). It is a German Shepherd too, but I am not sure if it is this particular German Shepherd - if I remember right, this is his companion dog.
This painting is for sale 660 dhs - and all proceeds will go to help the Stays of Abu Dhabi.

No comments:

Post a Comment